By Kirsten Chick - new image coming shortly
Nutrition Brought to Life is a practical guide to nutrition. Itís easy to read and provides encouragement, helpful insights and delicious recipes. There are chapters on improving digestion, hormone balance, your immune system and more.
Itís been 17 years since I started working as a nutritional therapist and lecturer, and it was a challenge getting everything I wanted to say into a book. Judging from the reviews so far, though, I think Iíve achieved what I set out to.
One of my favourites has called Nutrition Brought to Life ďa different kettle of fish.Ē I didnít want to write the same kind of nutrition book as everyone else. I wanted to write one that was: Kind and non-judgemental
I aim to help people develop a healthier, more enjoyable relationship with their food, rather than make healthy eating seem restrictive. Thereís already too much self-judgement attached to eating.
1. Kind and non-judgemental I aim to help people develop a healthier, more enjoyable relationship with their food, rather than make
healthy eating seem restrictive. Thereís already too much self-judgement attached to eating.
2. Meaningful Iíd really like this book to actually inspire and help people. Whether itís with their health, their relationship to food, their
cooking skills or other aspects of self-care.
3. Engaging and accessible. Thereís no point writing a book that no one wants to read! Fortunately, these two words are coming up
repeatedly in customer reviews.
4. Grounded in science and experience Iíve spent years checking that everything I have written is as accurate and up-to-date as possible,
and aligned with what my experience shows actually works.
5. Beautiful I love beautiful covers and designs, and I think itís a key feature in peopleís experience with a book. The images throughout
the book, the cover design, the subtle rainbow of tinted pages on tactile matt paper, the eye-friendly font Ė everything works together
with the words on the page to help you really enjoy the book.
And I really hope you do!
Nutrition Brought to Life is available from all good book sellers, and also direct from the publisher at alchimiapublishing.com
With thanks to Heardinlondon Photography for all images provided.